How many calories does one Methi Makai ki Roti have?
One Methi Makai ki Roti gives 75 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 58 calories, proteins account for 6 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 13 calories. One Methi Makai ki Roti provides about 4 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. Methi Makai ki Roti recipe. This roti is a simple way of disguising methi in your regular meals. Methi is an excellent source of iron and vitamin A and is really low in calories. Fresh green chillies add pungent accents to these rotis.
Is Methi Makai ki Roti healthy?
Yes, Methi Makki ki Roti is healthy. This roti consists of 3 healthy ingredietns, maize flour, whole wheat flour and methi.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Maize flour ( makai ka atta) : Maize flour is a carbohydrate rich and energy rich flour loaded with fibre. Cornmeal prevents your blood sugar from shooting up and loaded with Zinc which is necessary for the formation of insulin. Maize flour is a good source of magnesium which is necessary for maintaining a steady heartbeat and normal blood pressure. The fibre binds with the bile salts and throws it out of the body, which helps in reducing the cholesterol from the body and good for heart. Find out is maize flour is healthy and how to make it part of your diet.
2. Methi leaves (fenugreek leaves) : Methi leaves are low in calorie, powerful antioxidant and cures mouth ulcers. Fenugreek leaves help in improving glucose and insulin responses, hence good for diabetics. The levels of cholesterol also reduced with intakes of fenugreek leaves. Rich in Vitamin K which is good for bone metabolism. They are good source of iron which is important for Iron rich foods for pregnant women as well as other individuals. Iron is a part of hemoglobin in the blood. A deficiency of iron may cause anaemia and that may decrease your work ability and make you fatigue easily. See all benefits of methi leaves here.
3. Whole Wheat flour : Whole wheat flour is excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food. Whole wheat flour is rich in Phosphorus which is a major mineral which works closely with calcium to build our bones. Vitamin B9 helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially increase red blood cells. See detailed 11 benefits of whole wheat flour and why it's good for you.
4. Green Chillies : Antioxidant vitamin C in green chillies protects the body from effects of harmful free radicals and prevents stress. It is probably the high fiber which helps in controlling blood sugar levels. This it is a welcome addition to a diabetic diet. Suffering from anaemia? Add green chillies to your list of iron rich foods too. For complete details see benefits of green chilli.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Methi Makai ki Roti?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Maize flour is a carbohydrate rich and energy rich flour loaded with fibre. Cornmeal prevents your blood sugar from shooting up and loaded with Zinc which is necessary for the formation of insulin.
Can healthy individuals have Methi Makai ki Roti?
Yes. Methi leaves are low in calorie, powerful antioxidant and cures mouth ulcers. Fenugreek leaves help in improving glucose and insulin responses, hence good for diabetics.
What is a healthy accompaniment to this roti?
We suggest you pair it with homemade curds using cows milk or low fat curds.
Basic Homemade Curd, Dahi Or Yogurt Using Cow's Milk
Methi Makki rotis are safe for
1. Weight loss
3. Heart Patients
4. Healthy lifestlye
5. Gluten free
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. No activity reduces muscle tissue which will lead to muscke loss and all kinds of problems with that.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover and makes you look much younger. Also getting good sleep prevent muscle loss.
How to burn 75 calories that come from one Methi Makai ki Roti?
Walking (6 kmph) = 23 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 8 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 10 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 13 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.