How many calories does one glass of Coconut Drink for Endurance Athletes, Runners have?
One glass of Coconut Drink for Endurance Athletes, Runners gives 38 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 27 calories, proteins account for 8 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 4 calories. One glass of Coconut Drink for Endurance Athletes, Runners provides about 2 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. Coconut Drink for Endurance Athletes, Runners recipe. coconut drink for endurance athletes | healthy coconut drink for runners.
Coconut drink for endurance athletes is a healthy drink which has umpteen nutritional benefits. Healthy coconut drink for runners is a sugar-free natural drink. Learn how to make coconut drink for runners.
To make coconut drink for athletes, cut open the tender coconut and pour the coconut water in a mixer jar. Add chopped coconut meat (flesh) and blend it till smooth.
The tingling flavour of coconut water along with the pulpiness and soothing flavour of coconut meat combine beautifully in this coconut drink for runners to delight your taste buds and refresh your senses. Once you have combined the coconut water and coconut meat, the Coconut drink must be had immediately.
Coconut drink for athletes is a wonderful drink for endurance athletes post workout as it gives a lot of energy for long workouts. It gives you the necessary (Medium Chain Triglycerides) lost through sweat in the workout. This is needed to maintain heart and muscle function. It is best suited for athletes training for more than 60 to 90 minutes.
This is definitely not a substitute to a protein shake, but coconut drink for endurance athlete definitely hydrates you very well. Since it lacks a key electrolyte sodium, some athletes add a pinch of salt to it too.
Coconut water contains less calories than some other sports drink, but it has less protein. So you cannot rely on coconut water for muscle mass. You can add coconut meat to make coconut drink for runners. You will gain some MCT (Medium Chain Triglycerides) which get directly used up in the form of energy rather than being stored in the form of fats. This also makes you feel a bit satisfied.
Try and have the fresh coconut water from tender coconuts, rather than buying the readymade tetra-pack as the later might contain extra calories by way of sugar.
Is Coconut Drink for Endurance Athletes, Runners healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Coconut Water : One cup of coconut water (200 ml) has only 48 calories. There is zero fat in this water. It’s a perfect weight loss drink. Being high in potassium (480 mg / cup) it’s a boon for hypertensives to balance their electrolyte ratio and control high blood pressure. Due to the presence of potassium and calcium in Coconut water, it is believed to lower cholesterol and maintain a healthy heart beat. This is a perfect healthy low carb drink as 1 cup of coconut water contains only 8 grams to Carbs. Since it has a very low glycemic index of 3, its a healthy drink for Diabetics but if you have very high blood sugar levels then avoid it. See detailed benefits of coconut water.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Coconut Drink for Endurance Athletes, Runners?
1. Yes for weight loss as this healthy fat.
2. Being rich in potassium, this coconut drink is considered nourishing for heart disease and hypertension. The limit should yet be decided by the dietitian.
3. Diabetics too can have this drink in small quantity occasionally. Some studies reveal that it helps improve insulin senstivity, but remember it has natural sugar (fructose) which in excess quantity can lead to a surge in blood sugar levels. So the amount and frequency of consumption of this coconut water is best decided by your diabetologist or dietitian.
Can healthy individuals have Coconut Drink for Endurance Athletes, Runners?
Yes. Coconut drink for athletes is a wonderful drink for endurance athletes post workout as it gives a lot of energy for long workouts. It gives you the necessary (Medium Chain Triglycerides) lost through sweat in the workout. This is needed to maintain heart and muscle function. It is best suited for athletes training for more than 60 to 90 minutes.
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. No activity reduces muscle tissue which will lead to muscke loss and all kinds of problems with that.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover and makes you look much younger. Also getting good sleep prevent muscle loss.
How to burn 38 calories that come from Coconut Drink for Endurance Athletes, Runners?
Walking (6 kmph) = 11 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 4 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 5 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 7 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.