How many calories does one serving of Bean Sprouts and Apple Salad have?
One serving ( 250 grams ) of Bean Sprouts and Apple Salad gives 137 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 78 calories, proteins account for 10 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 51 calories. One serving of Bean Sprouts and Apple Salad provides about 6.8 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
137 calories for 1 serving of Bean Sprouts and Apple Salad, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrates 19.5g, Protein 2.5g, Fat 5.7g.
See bean sprouts and apple salad recipe | tomatoes sprouts carrot salad | Indian healthy sprouts, fruits and vegetable salad |
bean sprouts and apple salad is a healthy Indian salad rich in Vitamin A,C, fibre and folic acid. Learn to make tomato sprouts carrot salad.
A fun-packed and flavour-packed salad that is also bursting with good health, the Bean Sprouts and Apple Salad is a worthy addition to your diet.
While cucumber gives a nice juiciness to the salad, bean sprouts give an exciting crunch and apple lends a fruity twist. Bean sprouts are full of vitamins and being sprouted, they are also easy to digest in Indian healthy sprouts, fruits and vegetable salad.
Combined with fruits (apples, oranges) , they get even healthier. The tangy and vibrant dressing of mustard powder, lemon juice and other ingredients, is not spicy or fat-laden. This ensures that bean sprouts and apple salad does not aggravate acidity.
Chill Indian healthy sprouts, fruits and vegetable salad in the fridge by covering with a cling wrap till you want to serve.
Is Bean Sprouts and Apple Salad healthy?
Yes, this is healthy, but restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Beans Sprouts Benefits : Bean Sprouts are one of the most complete and nutritional of all the foods that exist. With lots of dietary fiber to their credit, beans sprouts add bulk too stools and makes the passage of stools through the digestive tract easier. This helps to avoid constipation. With significant amounts of iron, beans sprouts help to maintain the red blood cell (RBC) count. A good RBC count means no sign of anaemia. Bean sprouts are a boon for heart patients. They help maintain cholesterol levels and good for diabetics. See detailed benefits of bean sprouts in bean sprouts glossary.
2. Carrots (gajjar) : Carrots have the nutrient Beta Carotene which is a form of Vitamin A, helps prevent deterioration of the eye as one gets older and prevents night blindness. Carrot is great for the eyes.They relieve constipation, lower blood pressure, have fibre and lower cholesterol. Read the 11 super benefiits of carrots and why to include in your daily diet.
3. Olive Oil, Extra Virgin Olive oil : Olive oil is a strong antioxidant and good for heart. Also its has anti inflammation properties. This is one of the healthiest oil you can opt for. It has around 77% of MUFA. Olive oil, especially the extra virgin olive oil, is unrefined oil in its natural state and free of chemicals. Moreover, olive oil also possess polyphenols – a type of antioxidant which protects body cells and maintains heart health as well. Popular in Mediterranean cooking, this oil works best for salad dressings or quick sautéing recipes. They cannot be used for prolonged cooking at high temperatures. Note that its a fat at the end of the day so don't consume too much. Read the super article of which oil is the healthiest, avoid vegetable oil.
4. Apples : Being low in sodium, apples are effective against high blood pressure because of its diuretic effect. Don't peel the fruit to get maximum apple benefits. Two-thirds of the fibre and lots of antioxidants are found in the peel. Apple benefits diabetics as the soluble fibre assists in regulating blood sugar and is heart friendly. See detailed 9 health benefits of apple.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Bean Sprouts and Apple Salad ?
Yes to all. Apple benefits diabetics as the soluble fibre assists in regulating blood sugar and is heart friendly . Bean Sprouts are one of the most complete and nutritional of all the foods that exist. With lots of dietary fiber to their credit, beans sprouts add bulk too stools and makes the passage of stools through the digestive tract easier.
Bean Sprouts and Apple Salad is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
2. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
3. Vitamin A : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin.
4. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
5. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.