How many calories does one serving of Amiri Khaman have?
One serving of Amiri Khaman gives 521 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 286 calories, proteins account for 77 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 158 calories. One serving of Amiri Khaman provides about 26 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See amiri khaman recipe.
Is Amiri Khaman healthy?
Yes and No, it depends who is eating it. Amiri Khaman is made of besan for khaman dhokla, coriander, coconut and sev for garnishing.
Let's understand the ingredients.
Besan : Besan has more good fat than whole wheat flour and also more protein content. Rich in complex carbohydrates and with a low glycemic index, besan is good for diabetics too. See detailed benefits of besan and why it's good for you.
Coconut : Used in small quantity. The fresh coconut has saturated fats but most of it is MCT (Medium Chain Triglycerides) which promote weight loss. The high fibre content 13.6 gm (45.3% of RDA) along with high lauric acid content of coconut improves cholesterol levels in the body. Improving the action of insulin secretion and lowering the raised blood sugar levels is yet another benefit of coconut for Diabetics. See here for 10 amazing benefits of coconut.
Coriander (kothmir, dhania) : 2 tablespoons used. The antioxidants vitamin A, vitamin C and the quercetin present in coriander works towards strengthening our immune system. Coriander is a fairly good source of iron and folate – the 2 nutrient which help in the production and maintenance of RBC in our blood. Good for reducing cholesterol and for diabetics. Read 9 benefits of coriander to understand details.
What's the problem with Amiri Khaman?
Deep fried foods : 3 tablespoons of deep fried Sev is used in the recipe. Any food that is deep fried is not suitable for healthy living. You're fat levels increase as deep frying increases oil absorption. Also when you use the same oil again for deep frying then smoking point decreases which leads to the development of blue smoke which is not good for health. It also increases inflammation in the body and shuts down the fat burning process.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Amiri Khaman?
This recipe can be had by diabetics with a small modification. Just drop the deep fried sev from the recipe and replace it with baked sev recipe. At tarla dalal we love to solve complex health issues and give options.
Can healthy individuals have Amiri Khaman?
Yes, this recipe is healthy. But make a small modification. Just drop the deep fried sev from the recipe and replace it with baked sev recipe.
Amiri Khaman is high in
1. Protein : Protein is required for the managing the wear and tear of all cells of the body.
2. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
3. Magnesium : Magnesium is required for formation of bones and teeth. helps in the metabolism of calcium and potassium.
4. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
5. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
6. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains
7. Iron : Iron is essential in the chemical reactions that produce energy from foods. Eat more greens and garden cress seeds to prevent you from being anaemic. Here are the top 7 sources of iron rich foods.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 521 calories that come from one serving of Amiri Khaman?
Walking (6 kmph) = 2 hrs 36 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 52 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 1 hr 9 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 1 hr 29 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.