How many calories does one small glass Pineapple, Apple and Cucumber Juice have?
One small glass Pineapple, Apple and Cucumber Juice gives 98 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 89 calories, proteins account for 3 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 5 calories. One small glass Pineapple, Apple and Cucumber Juice provides about 5 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Pineapple, Apple and Cucumber Juice recipe. An apple a day keeps the doctor away, they say. Team it with pineapple and you have a winning combo chock-full of energy, iron and vitamin C! Cucumber not only adds to the fluid content, but also balances the flavour well.
Is Pineapple, Apple and Cucumber Juice healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Pineapple (Ananas) : Packed with vitamin C (64.7 mg / cup), pineapple is one such fruit which boosts immunity. They help build our line of defence against diseases by building white blood cells (WBC). It is known for its laxative effect and overcome or prevent constipation. Pineapple is a rich source of Magnesium (54.8 mg / cup) which has a role to play in heart health. By reducing inflammation it helps to relieve the joint pain related to arthritis. Cons : Pineapple as a sole snack would not be recommended for diabetics. Paired with other high fiber and low glycemic index fruits, you can include it in small portions. Pineapple is not very low in calories nor carbs and hence not good for weight loss. See detailed benefits of pineapple.
2. Apples : Being low in sodium, apples are effective against high blood pressure because of its diuretic effect. Don't peel the fruit to get maximum apple benefits. Two-thirds of the fibre and lots of antioxidants are found in the peel. Apple benefits diabetics as the soluble fibre assists in regulating blood sugar and is heart friendly. See detailed 9 health benefits of apple.
3. Cucumber (Kakdi) : With that high water content, cucumber act as a broom for our system to sweep out harmful toxins from our body. The sterols from cucumber aid in managing blood cholesterol levels well and is diabetic friendly. Low sodium and fair amounts of potassium will help to control blood pressure. See detailed benefits of cucumber.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Pineapple Apple Cucumber Juice ?
No for diabetics as the whole fruit is better than juices. Yes for heart. Pineapple is a rich source of Magnesium (54.8 mg / cup) which has a role to play in heart health. Being rich in Vitamin A and Vitamin C, Papaya helps to protect against heart diseases by oxidising the excess Cholesterol. No for weight loss as both pineapples are high in carbs.
Can healthy individuals have Pineapple Apple Cucumber Juice ?
Pineapple, Apple and Cucumber Juice is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
2. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
3. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 98 calories that come from Pineapple, Apple and Cucumber Juice?
Walking (6 kmph) = 29 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 10 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 13 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 17 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.