How many calories does one serving of Homemade Palak Paneer have?
One serving of homemade palak paneer gives 320 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 60 calories, proteins account for 47 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 213 calories. One serving of homemade palak paneer provides about 16 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See homemade palak paneer recipe. Many of the best loved vegetarian Punjabi dishes are the ones where paneer is combined with a vegetable. Paneer is widely used and very popular in Punjab due to the abundance of milk and milk products in the area. This combination of spinach and paneer is not only highly nutritious
Is homemade Palak Paneer healthy?
Yes, homemade palak paneer is healthy. Made of palak, paneer, onion, tomatoes and fresh cream.
Let's understand the ingredients of homemade Palak Paneer.
Paneer : Paneer contains high quality protein and calcium which aids in weight loss. Since paneer is low in carbs and high in protein it gets digested slowly and hence good for diabetes. Great for weight loss and read the interesting article on is paneer good for you?
Spinach (Palak) : Spinach is one of the richest plant sources of Iron and it should be part of a healthy diet for everyone. Raw spinach is very rich in insoluble fibre, 25% having soluble fiber and 75% insoluble fiber. Spinach is good for the heart, diabetics and eyes. Read this on the 17 benefits of spinach and why you should eat it.
Onions : Yes, its a great Anti Oxidant. The phytochemical present in onions along with their Vitamin C help boost your immunity. The chromium in onions help regulate your blood pressure. The sulphur in the onion which brings you tears is actually good for your eyes. Raw onions keep your heart healthy and see here for total benefits of onions.
Tomatoes : Tomatoes are extremely rich source of Lycopene. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart. Tomatoes are a Pregnant women's friend. Read about 13 amazing benefits of tomatoes.
Can Diabetics, Heart patients and obese individuals have palak paneer?
Yes and No. Read on. Since the recipe has good high fat levels, we would suggest that diabetics and heart patients eat this in limited quantity or avoid it. If you been sugestested by doctor to avoid high fat in your diet or lipid profile is high, then replace full fat paneer with low fat paneer and enjoy this recipe.
Low Fat Paneer
What to have your Palak Paneer with?
Combine the palak paneer with a healthy Indian bread like bajra roti, jowar roti and whole wheat roti to make a healthy combination.
Palak Paneer is good for
1. Weight Gain
2. Healthy Lifestyle
4. Pregnant Women
Palak Paneer is high in
1. Protein : Protein is required for the managing the wear and tear of all cells of the body.
2. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
3. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
4. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
5. Magnesium : Magnesium is required for formation of bones and teeth. helps in the metabolism of calcium and potassium.
6. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
7. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
8. Vitamin A : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin.
9. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
10. Vitamin E : Vitamin E balances cholesterol levels, repairs damaged skin and keeps hair shiny.
11. Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) : Vitamin B2 enables the production of red blood cells that contribute to the rise in your energy levels. So have more milk, curds, eggs and green leafy vegetables.
12. Iron : Iron is essential in the chemical reactions that produce energy from foods. Eat more greens and garden cress seeds to prevent you from being anaemic. Here are the top 7 sources of iron rich foods.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 320 calories that come from one serving of Homemade Palak Paneer?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1 hr 36 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 32 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 43 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 55 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.