Low Fat Paneer
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 238 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19373 times
The low-fat version of paneer will definitely be a weight-watchers delight as it provides a healthier alternative to the high-fat version commonly available in the market. This recipe yields 1 cup of grated, crumbled or cubed paneer. For dieters, it opens up a whole new world of exciting recipes sans the guilt!
- Put the milk to boil in a deep pan, while stirring occasionally.
- When it starts boiling, switch off the flame and wait for 1 minute.
- Add the curds, while stirring gently and wait for 2 minutes.
- Once the milk has curdled, strain using a muslin cloth. This is crumbled paneer.
- If you want solid paneer, place the paneer into the muslin cloth in a 125 mm. (5") paneer mould or any mould. Press it with a lid.
- Remove the paneer from the muslin cloth and after 1 hour, cut into even sized cubes or grate it and use as required.
- To store paneer, place it in enough water in an air-tight container and keep refrigerated.
Nutrient values 1 cup
|Energy|| 320 cal|
|CHO|| 45.9 gm|
|Fat|| 0.9 gm|
|Fibre|| 0 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.