How many calories does one glass of Blueberry Coconut Water Smoothie have?
One glass of Blueberry Coconut Water Smoothie gives 97 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 56 calories, proteins account for 10 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 29 calories. One glass of Blueberry Coconut Water Smoothie provides about 5 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Blueberry Coconut Water Smoothie recipe. The Blueberry Coconut Water Smoothie is a nice and pulpy smoothie with the pleasant taste of coconut and the zesty tang of blueberries. The addition of coconut meat gives a nice pulpy consistency to the smoothie. However, you need to clean the coconut meat well and remove any brown skin before using it in the recipe. The smoothie stays good in the fridge for an hour – so you can enjoy it after a workout or as a mid-day snack.
Is Blueberry Coconut Water Smoothie healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Blueberries : Blueberries are a powerful antioxidant, especially anthocyanins which help fight cancer and degeneration of cells. They are low in calories, rich in fibre and good for daibetics.
2. Coconut Water : One cup of coconut water (200 ml) has only 48 calories. There is zero fat in this water. It’s a perfect weight loss drink. Being high in potassium (480 mg / cup) it’s a boon for hypertensives to balance their electrolyte ratio and control high blood pressure. Due to the presence of potassium and calcium in Coconut water, it is believed to lower cholesterol and maintain a healthy heart beat. This is a perfect healthy low carb drink as 1 cup of coconut water contains only 8 grams to Carbs. Since it has a very low glycemic index of 3, its a healthy drink for Diabetics but if you have very high blood sugar levels then avoid it. See detailed benefits of coconut water.
3. Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Blueberry Coconut Water Smoothie?
No for diabetics and yes for weight loss and heart. Blueberries are a powerful antioxidant, especially anthocyanins which help fight cancer and degeneration of cells. They are low in calories, rich in fibre and good for daibetics. Use low fat curds in this recipe instead of full fat curds.
Can healthy individuals have Blueberry Coconut Water Smoothie?
Blueberry Coconut Water Smoothie is high in
1. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
2. Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) : Vitamin B2 enables the production of red blood cells that contribute to the rise in your energy levels. So have more milk, curds, eggs and green leafy vegetables.
3. Vitamin B3 (niacin) : Vitamin B3 helps in brain functioning and mental health. Also healthy skin formation.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 97 calories that come from Blueberry Coconut Water Smoothie?
Walking (6 kmph) = 29 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 10 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 13 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 17 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.