Bisi Bele Bhaat, Karnataka Bise Bele Bhat
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 141 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 314280 times
bisi bele bhat recipe | Karnataka style bisibele bhat | how to make bisi bele bhat at home | with step by step photos.
bisi bele bhat is a traditional spicy rice dish from Karnataka which is full of flavours.
The coconut based paste is the essence of this Karnataka style bisibele bhat. Coconut along with chana dal, urad dal, Kashmiri red chillies, cinnamon and coriander seeds is roasted in coconut oil and then blended to a paste. In some more oil, a whole lot of veggies along with rice and toovar dal are sautéed. They are cooked in tamarind pulp, salt and enough water for about 4 whistles. Once the pressure cooker cools down slightly, top the Bisi Bele with ghee and you are ready to serve.
Karnataka style bisibele bhat is served piping hot topped with lots of ghee and accompanied by fried papads and a cool raita, it is almost impossible to say no to this One Dish Meal.
Check out for many more wholesome, quick and easy to prepare, one dish meal recipes in a pressure cooker like Bulgur Wheat and Paneer Pulao, Brinjal Rice, Aloo Gobhi Pulao and Chakra Pongal.
Enjoy bisi bele bhat recipe | Karnataka style bisibele bhat | how to make bisi bele bhat at home.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add all the ingredients and sauté on a slow flame for 4 minutes or till they turn golden brown in colour. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Blend in a mixer to a smooth paste using ½ cup of water. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the curry leaves, all the vegetables, rice, toovar dal, peanuts and turmeric powder and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tamarind pulp, salt, prepared paste and 4 cups of hot water, mix well and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Add the ghee and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
Bisi Bele Bath Video by Tarla Dalal
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.