Bean Sprouts & Veggie Wrap (Protein Rich Recipe for Pregnancy) Video of Tarla Dalal
Viewed 6763 times
A filling and wholesome snack that is ideal for an expectant mother to satiate small hunger pangs. With abundant nutrients, such as protein from bean sprouts; as well as antioxidants like vitamins A, C from broccoli, carrot, capsicum and lettuce, the Bean Sprouts and Veggie Wraps will also help meet the growing nutrient requirements at this stage. All these ingredients are also fibre-rich, which makes the dish easy to digest and more satiating as well. We have made the snack all the more healthier by avoiding store-bought mayonnaise, and using a quick and healthy homemade version instead. You will enjoy this snack, which is sure to chase away your hunger!
Recipe Description for Bean Sprouts and Veggie Wrap, Protein Rich Recipe
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for a minute.
- Add the capsicum, carrot and bean sprouts and sauté on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, chilli sauce, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Remove the crust from all the bread slices.
- Combine all the ingredients including the bread slices and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Refrigerate it for 1 to 2 hours and use as required.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), place a chapati on it and reheat it on a high flame for a few seconds.
- Place the chapati on a clean, dry surface and spread 1 tbsp of healthy mayonnaise evenly over it.
- Arrange ¼ cup of lettuce leaves evenly in the centre of the chapati and spread a portion of the stuffing evenly over it.
- Roll it up tightly and seal it using a toothpick.
- Repeat step 1 to 4 to make 3 more wraps.
- Serve immediately.
See step by step images of Bean Sprouts and Veggie Wrap, Protein Rich Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.