Zaffrani Soup, Mughlai Zaffrani Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17967 times
A luxurious veggie soup, with the dynamic flavour of whole spices and the aromatic touch of saffron.
The veggie stock is thickened with a milky corn flour mixture, which gives it a very creamy mouth-feel. The generous use of saffron gives the Zaffrani Soup an attractive tinge and rich flavour too. Indeed, this soup is another example of Mughal opulence!
Accompany the soup with delicious melt in your mouth kebabs such as Moong Dal Seekh Kebab , Hare Bhare Kebab and Corn Seekh Kebab .
- Combine the cornflour and milk in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the saffron and 1 tbsp of hot water in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan, add the cabbage, carrots, onions, ginger, garlic, green chillies, bayleaf, cloves, cinnamon and peppercorns and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add 4 cups of water and bring to boil.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Strain and discard the vegetables. Keep this vegetable stock aside.
- Combine the stock, cornflour-water mixture, saffron-water mixture and salt in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.