by Tarla Dalal
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 59251 times
Mughlai cooking makes use of loads of healthy and leafy green vegetables. Palak or spinach is full of nutritional goodness and can make any dish attractive by giving it a lovely bright green colour.
Palak Shorba is a fresh and spicy delicacy that can be savored hot garnished with some ginger. The milk added to this recipe makes it creamy, while the mint and lemon juice combined together, add just the required amount of freshness!
You can also try other shorbas like the Moong Dal ka Shorba and Tomato Shorba .
- Boil 2 cups of water in a pan, add the spinach and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Do not drain. Keep aside and allow to cool.
- Combine the spinach, mint leaves and green chillies and blend in a mixer to a smooth purée.
- Transfer the purée into a pan, add the milk and bring to boil.
- Add the salt, black pepper powder and lemon juice and mix well.
- For the tempering, heat the ghee in a small pan, add the garlic and sauté till it turns golden brown.
- Add this tempering to the spinach mixture. Mix well and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with ginger juliennes.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||3936.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||21.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||88.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.