Vegetable Rawa Idli
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6108 times
Vegetable rava idli is a simpler and tastier version of the steamed South Indian snack staple, idlis. The semolina or rava batter is mixed with chopped vegetables and then steamed in a steamer. Enjoy these soft, spongy and delicious rava vegetable idlis as breakfast or tiffin option.
- 1.heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan
- 2.add hing,rai,green chillies,curry leaves.wait for a minute.
- 3.add the vegetables(carrots and beans)and saute for 2 minutes.
- 4.add suji(rawa).mix well.stir fry for two minutes on low flame.
- 5.add salt.remove from fire.allow to cool for 2-3 minutes
- 6.transfer to a bowl.add curd,water and eno salt.beat well.
- 7.grease an idli stand.pour 2-3 tbs mixture into each mould.
- 8.to steam,put 1"layer of water in a pressure cooker or a big pan with a well fitting lid and keep it on fire.
- 9.place the idli mould inside the cooker and put the lid after removing the whistle.keep the gas on full flame.
- 10.after the water boils and steam starts coming out,reduce flame.keep for for 15 mins on medium flame.
- 11.switch off the fire.wait for 5 minutes and then remove the idlis from the mould with a clean knife.
- 12.serve hot with coconut chutney.
This recipe was contributed by aysha_201 on 02 Jun 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.