Vegetable Gold Coins
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 426 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 120175 times
Bread roundels with a scrumptious mixed-veg topping is exciting enough, but it shifts into a totally different plane when topped with sesame seeds and deep-fried too!
Well, these lip-smacking Vegetable Gold Coins are sure to start off any meal in a totally fun-packed way. But beware, this starter will set very high expectations for the upcoming Main Course , so you will have high standards to meet.
Make sure you spread the flour-water batter uniformly on the veggie-topped bread roundels, so that the two layers bind well, and sprinkle the sesame seeds also immediately so that they stick well to the batter.
When you drop these gold coins in the oil, they might splutter a little because of the sesame seeds, so be a little careful.
- Combine the plain flour and approx. ½ cup of water in a bowl, mix well to make a thick paste. Keep aside.
- Cut the bread slices into approx. 62 mm. (2½”) diameter rounds with the help of a cookie cutter or any vati.
- Place 3 bread roundels on a clean, dry surface, place approx. 1 tbsp of the topping over each bread roundel and spread it evenly.
- Spread a little plain flour - water mixture evenly over it.
- Sprinkle a little sesame seeds over the plain flour-water mixture.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 to make 21 more gold coins.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry, 3 gold coins at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with red chilli sauce.
Nutrient values per gold coin
|Vitamin A||109.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||3.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||2.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.