Vanilla Pudding with Strawberry Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 74 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17218 times
A simple, traditional pudding with the pleasant flavour of vanilla, transforms into a gourmet delight when topped with fresh strawberry sauce.
The glossy sauce against the plain vanilla base is a delight to behold, while the balance between the soft taste of the pudding and the vibrant tangy-sweetness of the sauce makes it an even greater delight to devour!
Serve this fabulous Vanilla Pudding with Strawberry Sauce chilled to relish the best of its texture and taste.
If you are one who loves puddings then you must also try our other puddings like Lemon Pudding Cake , Bread and Butter Pudding and Orange and Pineapple Pudding .
- Combine the cornflour and ½ cup of water in a small bowl and mix well.
- Combine the strawberry purée, sugar and cornflour-water mixture in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Heat the milk and sugar in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine agar- agar and ¼ cup of water in a small broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the agar-agar - water mixture and vanilla essence, mix well and cook on medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Strain the mixture into a deep bowl using a strainer.
- Transfer the mixture into an aluminium round container and keep aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, loosen the sides with a sharp knife, invert on a serving plate and pour the prepared strawberry sauce evenly around the pudding.
- Cut into equal wedges and serve chilled.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.