by Tarla Dalal
Added to 102 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17414 times
Vanilla cream is no longer sinful, thanks to this low fat, low cholesterol version. This healthful version of vanilla cream makes a great accompaniment for fruits and jelly. You can make luscious dessert preparations like Apple Rolls with Vanilla Cream and Hawaiian Fruit Bowl.
- Combine the agar-agar and ¾ cup of water in a broad non-stick pan and cook on a slow flame for 6 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Strain using a strainer and keep aside.
- Boil the milk, add the strained china grass mixture and sugar substitute, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Keep aside and allow it to cool completely, add the vanilla essence and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a deep/small bowl and refrigerate for 4 hours or till semi-set.
- Use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cup
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.