Turai Aur Moong ki Dal
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 174 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 43684 times
Turai is disliked by many of us due to its unusual appearance. It is actually one of those vegetables that absorbs other flavours beautifully and has been made more delicious and nutritious by addition it to moong dal. Moong dal is one of the easiest dals to digest and also provides plenty of proteins and iron.
- Clean and wash the moong dal.
- Combine the moong dal, turai, onion, ginger-green chilli paste and turmeric powder with 2 cups of water and pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles or until the dal is cooked.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds, asafoetida, chilli powder and garam masala and fry till the seeds crackle.
- Pour this tempering over the prepared dal. Add salt and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with the coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.