How many calories does one serving of Turai Aur Moong ki Dal have?
One serving of Turai Aur Moong ki Dal gives 56 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 32 calories, proteins account for 10 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 13 calories. One serving of Turai Aur Moong ki Dal provides about 3 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Turai Aur Moong ki Dal recipe. Turai is actually one of those vegetables that absorbs other flavours beautifully and has been made more delicious and nutritious by addition it to moong dal. Moong dal is one of the easiest dals to digest and also provides plenty of proteins and iron.
Is Turai Aur Moong ki Dal healthy?
Yes, this is healthy.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Turai (Ridge Gourd ) : This ridge gourd is absolutely low in calories and carbs, thus making it a very virtuous choice for those on low-cal and low-carb diet. Consuming ridge gourd regularly can help to maintain blood sugar levels and hence diabetic friendly. Its absolutely low in fat and nil in cholesterol. A subzi made with ridge gourd with minimal amount of oil is truly a welcome addition for those with heart diseases. See detailed benefits of turai ridge gourd.
2. Onions (pyaz, kanda) : Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin which promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
3. Yellow Moong Dal : The fibre (4.1 g in ¼ cup) present in yellow moong dal prevents the deposition of bad cholesterol (LDL) in the arteries which promotes a healthy heart in turn. Packed with nutrients like zinc (1.4 mg), protein (12.2 mg) and iron (1.95 mg), yellow moong dal helps to maintain the elasticity of your skin and help to keep it moist. Fiber, potassium and magnesium from yellow moong dal will work together to regulate blood pressure and soothe the nerves and is diabetic friendly. See here for details of 7 amazing benefits of yellow moong dal.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Turai Aur Moong ki Dal ?
Yes. Consuming ridge gourd regularly can help to maintain blood sugar levels and hence diabetic friendly. Its absolutely low in fat and nil in cholesterol. Fiber, potassium and magnesium from yellow moong dal will work together to regulate blood pressure and soothe the nerves and is diabetic friendly.
Can healthy individuals have Turai Aur Moong ki Dal ?
Yes. This is healthy.
Turai Aur Moong ki Dal is good for
1. Healthy Recipes Lifestyle
2. Weight Loss Dals
3. Diabetics with heart issues
4. Healthy Heart Dals
5. Weight loss after Pregnancy
7. Cold and cough
8. Diabetic Dals
9. Pregnancy First Trimester
How to burn 56 calories that come from Turai Aur Moong ki Dal?
Walking (6 kmph) = 17 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 6 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 7 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 10 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.