Thick Crust Pizza Base
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4340 times
Thick crust is always in vogue! With its spongy texture and mild taste, the Thick Crust Pizza Base is ideal to make scrumptious pizzas loaded with all-time favourite toppings like capsicum, olives, onions, corn, pineapples and more.
It also works very well with desi toppings like spicy chunks of paneer. The best part is that the Thick Crust Pizza Base is also easy to make, as you have to just roll the plain flour dough nice and thick before baking! No flipping, no patting!
If you are into making pizzas, you might also want to have a look at other helpful basic recipes like the Pizza Sauce and Thin Crust Pizza Base .
- Combine 2 tbsp of lukewarm water and dry yeast in a bowl and mix well.
- Cover with a lid and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Combine the plain flour, yeast-water mixture, olive oil, sugar and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Press the dough lightly to remove the air and divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
- Roll each portion into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter thick circle with the help of plain flour for rolling and prick each circle evenly using a fork.
- Place them on a greased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 10 minutes.
- Use as required.
Nutrient values per base
|Vitamin A||88.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||2 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.