Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 22111 times
We often make pizza in oven, but if we don’t have oven or there is no electricity then it can be made on tawa with utter ease. Pizza prepared on tawa is as delicious as prepared in oven.
Add your private note
Tawa Pizza recipe - How to make Tawa Pizza
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 1 pizza
- Sieve the plain flour and add in a bowl.
- Add the yeast, olive oil, salt and sugar, mix all ingredients well and add enough lukewarm water and knead the flour.
- Knead the dough for 5-7 minutes until it becomes soft. Grease a bowl and place dough in it for 2 hours so that it gets fermented well.
- Dough for making pizza is ready.
- Take half amount of pizza dough and make a round ball.
- With help of dry plain flour, roll into ½ cm thick chapatti with a diameter of 10-12 inch.
- Preheat a pan or tawa, place the rolled pizza base and cover it and cook for 2 minutes or until the lower side gets little brown.
- Flip it up side down and reduce the flame to minimum. Firstly layer pizza sauce and then place capsicum and baby corn on the pizza.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese as well.
- Cover pizza and cook for 5-6 minutes on medium flame until the cheese gets melted and the lower side gets little brown.
- Serve hot pizza
This recipe was contributed by sbhatter05 on 02 Jan 2014I like cooking very much
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.