This recipe has been viewed 3020 times
A sweet treat for pongal, of course for sweet lovers. This one is simple to make and make you really happy, snappy cashews and juicy raisins just add to the experience. For awesome results, use homemade ghee
Add your private note
Sweet Rice 1 recipe - How to make Sweet Rice 1
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 serving
- Clean, wash and soak the rice in enough water for at least 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Add 6 cups of hot water, and pressure cook on a high flame for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Meanwhile add jaggery and 1 ½ cup water in a heavy bottomed pan, and bring it to boil. When it
- starts boiling, remove from fire and strain the same so as to remove any mud and dust.
- Open the pressure cooker and mash the rice with a ladle. Add the jaggery syrup to the rice and mix well. Keep it on gas stove and stir continuously on low flame till rice and jaggery syrup mixes well.
- Heat 3 tsp of ghee in non stick pan and fry the cashew nut pieces, Almonds and raisins and add to the rice mixture. Add remaining ghee and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Remove from fire.Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by LOPA SHAH on 09 Apr 2011Hi
I,am LOPA staying at Vile Parle with my parents.By profession I'am an Advocate.I like music,watc...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.