Sweet Potato Roti
by Tarla Dalal
This recipe has been viewed 966 times
The Sweet Potato Roti is an off-beat roti with the pleasant flavour of sweet potatoes, perked up with spice powders and coriander.
The scrumptious mouth-feel and peppy flavour of this mildly-sweet roti is sure to be loved by young and old alike. It is comparable to thepla but quite different too, which makes it a must-try!
You can serve it as a snack or for breakfast, with your favourite subzi or just curds and pickle.
You can also try other sweet potato recipes like Sweet Potato Tikki or Sweet Potato Khichdi.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion into a 125 mm. (5") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook on a medium flame, using ½ tsp of ghee, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 11 more rotis.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per roti
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.