Suva Palak Methi Subzi
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3513 times
Do those awesome greens tempt you in the market? Go ahead and pick all of them, and pump them into a delicious dish like this to top up on nutrients like iron, folic acid and antioxidants.
This awesome Suva Palak Methi Subzi brings together three different greens with common masalas to yield a fabulous subzi.
Chana dal gives more nutrients, as well as volume and a nice mouth-feel to this yummy dish, which pairs beautifully with hot phulkas.
Try your hand at making more such delicious and healthy dishes like Cabbage Masala or Sprouted Kabuli Chana and Palak.
- Combine the chana dal with enough hot water and soak for 2 hours. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the dill leaves, spinach and fenugreek and mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the chana dal, ginger paste, garlic paste, green chilli paste and ¾ cup of water and mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 12 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.