Stuffed Chilas By Hpatel7
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 1369 times
Stuffed chilas, a novel recipe of enjoying the besan based chilla or pancakes which are stuffed with a delectable combination of paneer and veggies. Enjoy the nutritious and delicious chilla recipe as meal or snack with chutney or pickle of choice.
Add your private note
Stuffed Chilas By Hpatel7 recipe - How to make Stuffed Chilas By Hpatel7
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Mix the gram flour, asafoetida, salt and 1 tablespoon of oil into a thin batter, using enough water.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it with oil.
- Pour a ladleful of the mixture on the tava and spread it evenly to make a thin pancake.
- Cook both sides on a medium flame using a little oil to cook. take care to see that it does not brown.
- Repeat for the remaining batter to make 12 chilas. keep aside.
- Heat the butter and add the green chilli and cumin seeds.
- Add the tomatoes and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the paneer, peas, chaat masala and salt and sauté for a few more minutes.
- Top with the chopped coriander, divide into 12 portions and keep aside.
- Place one portion of the stuffing mixture on a chila and fold it to make a semi circle.
- Top with green chutney and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Hpatel7 on 09 Dec 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.