Sprouts and Methi Rice
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 23 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12795 times
In a rush? You still need healthy food to stay energetic! How about preparing this super tasty Sprouts and Methi Rice one-dish meal that you can have right away or even take along in your dabba? The blend of brown rice with mixed sprouts, fenugreek leaves and spices makes this a tasteful dish brimming with iron.
- Clean, wash and soak the brown rice in enough water in a deep bowl for 30 minutes. Drain well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the green chilli, ginger, garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, fenugreek leaves, turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the soaked and drained brown rice, mixed sprouts, 1¾ cups of water and salt, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.