South Indian Stir Fry Rice
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 209 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 40855 times
This tongue-tickling rice treat is prepared with readily-available ingredients, but has an unforgettable flavour and pleasing texture.
The key ingredients, which endow this South Indian Stir-Fry Rice with such irresistibility, are sesame seeds and peanuts. These ingredients are perfectly complementary to the rustic tanginess of tamarind, and together, they make this stir-fried rice recipe a perfect winner!
Eat with Cucumber Pachadi if you wish to mellow down the spicy flavours.
- Heat a small non-stick pan, dry roast the peanuts on a medium flame for 3 minutes. Deskin and keep aside.
- Heat the same small non-stick pan, add the sesame seeds and dry roast on a slow flame for 2 minutes.
- Combine the peanuts and sesame seeds in a mixer and blend to coarse powder. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil deep non-stick pan, add the urad dal and mustard seeds and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the dry kashmiri red chillies, curry leaves and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the rice, coconut, turmeric powder, tamarind pulp, malagapodi powder, sesame-peanut powder and salt, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||44.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||4.6 mcg|
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.