Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2588 times
A fruit based dessert recipe that is tasty and spicy, spicy pears are as appealing in looks as in taste. Pears are a good source of potassium and pectin and spicy pears recipe surely incorporates the goodness of pears in a sweet and spicy sauce . the spicy pears are served with whipped cream on top.
- Take finely grated rind and then juice both the oranges
- Peel the pears and using a sharp knife score the pears.
- Brush the pears with the orange juice.
- Combine the caster sugar,groung nutmeg,cardamom powderand the orange rind . rub this mixture over the pears and in the scored parts as well using the finger tips.
- Place each pear in a microwave safe baking paper and drizzle the remaining of the orange juice on the pears.
- Tie the paper at the top using a string inorder to completely enclose the pears.
- Place on a microwave safe dish and microwave on high for 10-12 min depending on the power of your microwave oven or until the pears are just tender when tested with a skewer.
- Serve topped with the whipped cream.
This recipe was contributed by shasha on 18 Apr 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.