Spicy Chaat- Calcutta Style
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 226 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 38206 times
A delightful chaat that will thrill you to the core – hold it in your hand, capture a whiff of the namkeens dipped in sweet and tangy chutneys and topped with choice spices, dip your fingers and lick the chutney, take a mouthful and lose yourself in this Calcutta style spicy chaat.
- Combine the urad dal, green moong dal, green chillies and ginger in a mixer and blend till smooth without using any water.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add the nigella seeds, asafoetida and salt and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a deep kadhai, drop a little mixture and deep-fry a few, at a time on a medium flame, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper. Flatten each pakodi in between your palms and keep aside.
- Combine the curds and salt in a bowl and beat well. Keep aside.
- Arrange 5 papdis on a serving plate.
- Top each papdi with 1 tsp of potatoes. 1 pakodi, 1 tsp of sweet chutney, 1 tsp of green chutney and 1 tbsp of curds.
- Finally sprinkle a little chilli powder and a little cumin seeds powder over each papdi.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 7 more plates.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per plate
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.