Spicy Buttered Potatoes and Capsicum
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Spicy Buttered Potatoes and Capsicum in Hindi)
Added to 44 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20700 times
Whether you decide to have this as a snack or as a starter, be assured it will do its job well! Spicy Buttered Potatoes and Capsicum is a dish that is guaranteed to pamper your taste buds with its buttery taste and mélange of textures, perked up with a touch of spices and herbs.
Sweet potatoes give a mild and pleasant sweetness and succulence to the dish, while capsicum compensates with its juicy crunch and pungent taste.
The textures and flavours are beautifully balanced, with a buttery overtone, which makes this popular with anybody who tastes it.
Try other potato recipes like the Potato with Cottage Cheese Sauce and the Potatoes and Tomatoes Stuffed with Coconut Paste .
- Combine potatoes, sweet potatoes, little salt and enough water in a deep pan, mix gently and cook on medium flame for 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes, sweet potatoes and salt and sauté on medium flame for 4 minutes.
- Add the red chilli flakes and mixed herbs, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while tossing it occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||304.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||24.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||9.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.