Spiced Pancakes with Cinnamon Pears
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 29 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11853 times
If you have ever wondered what the word ‘heavenly’ really means, try this delicious dessert! Silky pancakes, delicately flavoured with spice powders, are lined with a cinnamon-flavoured pear filling, and laced with chocolate sauce.
The pear filling has a really different flavour, because it combines a dash of lemon juice and lemon rind too. One lone spice, cinnamon, works its magic in transforming the pear filling into a gourmet delight!
Serve the Spiced Pancakes with Cinnamon Pears warm, laced with chocolate sauce, and preferably topped with vanilla ice-cream. Fresh Peach Stew also makes a good filling for the pancakes.
Add your private note
Spiced Pancakes with Cinnamon Pears recipe - How to make Spiced Pancakes with Cinnamon Pears
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 6 servings (6 serving )
- Combine all the ingredients along with 5 tbsp of water in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk till no lumps remain. Keep aside.
- Heat a 150 mm. (6") diameter non-stick pan and grease it with little butter.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter, tilt the pan around quickly so that the batter coats the pan evenly and cook it using a little butter on both the sides.
- When the sides starts to peel off, turn the pancake around and cook on the other side for 30 seconds.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 5 more pancakes.
- Combine all the ingredients along with ½ cup of water in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Divide the pear filling into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a pancake on a clean dry surface, spread a portion of the pear filling on one side of the pancake and fold it over to make a semi-circle.
- Repeat step 2 to make 5 more pear filled pancakes.
- Just before serving, place a pancake on a serving plate and drizzle some chocolate sauce over it.
- Serve immediately with vanilla ice-cream.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||197.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||29.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.