Smoked Brinjal and Pumpkin Dip with Cucumber Strips
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5299 times
Roasted and peeled brinjals along with red pumpkin, spices and lemon juice makes a creamy and tangy dip that is ideal to have with cucumber strips.
This dip has a rich flavour and a really enticing mouth-feel that linger in your memory for a long time. Not only that, this zero-oil Smoked Brinjal and Pumpkin Dip with Cucumber Strips is also satiating and keeps you full for some time, making it a good low-cal snack for weight watchers.
- Make slits at equal intervals all over the surface of the brinjal and roast it over an open flame for 10 to 12 minutes or till the brinjal turns soft and black, while turning occasionally. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Peel the skin of the brinjal, cut the stem and discard it. Roughly chop it and keep aside.
- Combine the pumpkin and ½ cup of water in a deep non-stick pan, cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Combine the brinjal and pumpkin in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add the lemon juice, chilli flakes, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Serve chilled with cucumber strips.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.