Shepu Chi Bhaji
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23703 times
A tantalisingly flavourful bhaji prepared with aromatic dill leaves, the Shepu chi Bhaji is an all-time favourite Maharashtrian accompaniment. You are sure to enjoy the herby flavour of dill, which is enhanced further by the addition of onions, and balanced well by soaked chana dal.
A traditional tempering boosts the aroma and flavour of this herby subzi manifold making it a sure-shot hit with the whole family. Garnish generously with coconut and serve it fresh, as it could become watery if left to stand for a long time.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and add the mustard seeds and allow them to crackle.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and turmeric powder and sauté on a medium flame for 10 seconds.
- Add the chana dal, garlic, green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the shepu and salt, mix well and cover and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately garnished with coconut.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||1597.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||3.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||32.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.