by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5134 times
It is common to make dosa out of ingredients like rice, beaten rice or semolina combined with urad dal. We tried adding sabudana to the equation and it turned out absolutely awesome!
These dosas are crisp, golden-hued and super tasty. Let’s share this innovative recipe with you. Use the exact proportions mentioned in the recipe because a little more or less of any of the ingredients might ruin the texture of the Sabudana Dosa.
Also note carefully which ingredients are to be soaked and ground together while making the batter because these are grouped depending on the grinding time and consistency.
While making the dosas, plan for the required fermentation time as this is not an instant dosa. Serve it hot and fresh with chutney and sambhar.
You can also try other dosa recipes like Poha Dosa or Quinoa Dosa .
- Combine the sabudana, urad dal, methi seeds and poha in a deep bowl with enough water for 4 hours. Drain well.
- Put the raw rice in a deep bowl with enough water and soak for 4 hours. Drain well.
- Combine the sabudana-urad dal mixture and approx. 1 cup of water in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl and keep aside.
- Combine the rice and approx. 1 cup of water in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into the same bowl, add the salt and mix well.
- Cover and ferment in a warm place for 12 hours.
- Once fermented mix it very well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), sprinkle a little water on the tava (griddle) and wipe it off gently using a cloth.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread it in a circular motion to make a 175 mm. (7”) diameter circle.
- Smear a little ghee over it and along the edges and cook on a high flame till the dosa turns brown in colour and crisp.
- Fold over to make a semi-circle or a roll.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 29 more dosas.
- Serve immediately with coconut chutney and sambhar.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per dosa
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.