by Tarla Dalal
Added to 57 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 61745 times
Although Sandesh, one of the all-time favourite amongst Bengali Sweets , can be made quickly using readymade paneer, nothing can match the texture you get with soft, homemade paneer. And, all it will take you is a few minutes longer to curdle the milk and strain it.
Here, we show you how to make Rose Sandesh from scratch. You will be overwhelmed by the melt-in-the-mouth texture and the aesthetic aroma of rose that engulfs this delicious mithai.
You can prepare the Rose Sandesh in bulk and store it in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Boil the milk in a deep non-stick pan on a high flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Put the lemon juice, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Strain the mixture using a strainer and allow all the whey to drain out.
- Combine the paneer, powdered sugar, rose sherbat and rose essence in a big thali and mix very well.
- Transfer the mixture into a mixer and blend along with 1 tbsp of milk till coarse.
- Divide the mixture into 7 equal portions and roll each portion into a ball and then flatten it lightly. Make a depression in the centre using your index finger.
- Finally garnish it with almonds, pistachios and rose petals.
- Put in the fridge for 30 minutes and serve.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.