Roasted Mushroom and Coloured Capsicum Salad
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 56 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21098 times
A unique salad of roasted mushrooms and crunchy, colourful capsicums, flavoured with peppy herbs and tangy lemon juice. Roasting the mushrooms gives them a brilliant flavour and texture, which makes this salad very different and quite irresistible too.
Moreover, mushrooms and capsicum are both low in calories and fat, and rich in fibre, which makes the Roasted Mushroom and Coloured Capsicum Salad a good option for weight-watchers. Indeed, who can say ‘No’ to a dish like this, which is both healthy and fabulously tasty!
Serve with Boiled Hakka Noodles and Schezwan Sauce
- Wash, clean and dry the mushrooms and place them on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 11 minutes or till the mushrooms turn light brown in colour, while turning them once after 6 minutes. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Once they are slightly cooled, cut the stems of the mushrooms and discard them.
- Cut the mushrooms into cubes and keep aside.
- Pierce the red capsicum with a fork and roast it over an open flame till it turns black from all the sides.
- Cool, wash it in cold water and remove the burnt skin, stem and seeds and discard them. Cut the capsicum into cubes and keep aside.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for green and yellow capsicum.
- Combine the mushroom and capsicum cubes in a deep bowl, add the rosemary, thyme, lemon juice and salt and toss well.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.