Refried Beans By sonaprem
This recipe has been viewed 2963 times
Recreate Mexico's popular refried beans recipe at home. The refried beans are basically the beans, that are almost overcooked till they resemble a puree like consistency. This hearty dish appears on Mexican tables at every meal from breakfast to midnight, as beans are economical, delicious and nourishing. enjoy refried beans as a sandwich filling or with tortillas.
- Rinse the beans, place in a large bowl and soak in cold water for 12 hours & then drain.
- Place the soaked beans and onion in a pan with enough water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until beans are tender.
- Drain, reserving 1 cup of the liquid.
- Coarsely puree the beans, stir in the butter and return mixture to the pan.
- Cook, stirring continuously till the butter is absorbed & season with salt.
This recipe was contributed by sonaprem on 13 Feb 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.