Ravioli, Veg Ravioli in Pink Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 152 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 134035 times
Ravioli is an Italian delicacy, which takes a bit of time and effort to prepare but is completely worth every second you spend!
The Ravioli is prepared by cooking dough stuffed with a cheesy spinach and corn mixture. The stuffing includes ingredients like garlic, green chillies and onions to boost the flavour and mouth-feel. The resulting Ravioli is a dainty, succulent and tasty pasta-like ingredient, which is topped with luscious Pink Sauce and baked.
The Pink Sauce is a pretty sight, but more than that it is totally burgeoning with flavours. The mellow creaminess of white sauce, the tang of tomatoes and the zesty seasonings give it an awesome flavour and mouth-feel, which are accentuated upon baking.
Enjoy the Ravioli immediately upon preparation, before the cheese gets thick. You are sure to love the effect of your effort!
Try your hand at making other Italian recipes like the Italian Style Baby Potatoes or Basil and Tomato Pasta .
- Combine the plain flour, butter and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough cold water.
- Divide the cheesy spinach corn stuffing into 12 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 24 equal portions.
- Roll 2 portions of the dough each into 75 mm. (3”) diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Place a portion of the rolled dough circle on a clean, dry surface and place a portion of the spinach and cheese stuffing evenly over it. Cover it with another rolled dough circle and press it gently all over the circumference using a fork.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 11 more raviolis.
- Boil enough water, oil and salt in a deep non-stick pan, add 3 raviolis to it and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Drain and keep aside.
- Repeat step 6 to cook 9 more raviolis in 3 more batches. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the spinach, corn, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Switch off the flame, add the cheese and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato pulp and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar, tomato ketchup and chilli flakes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the white sauce and mix well. Keep aside.
- Pour ½ cup of the pink sauce in a baking dish and spread it evenly.
- Place 5 raviolis and pour ½ cup of pink sauce evenly over it.
- Place the remaining 5 raviolis over it, pour the remaining pink sauce evenly over it.
- Finally sprinkle the cheese and chilli flakes evenly over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||1240.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||30.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||45.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.