Herb Tortellini with Garlic Butter
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 294 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21447 times
Herby, cheesy tortellini dunked in a peppy mixed vegetables Schezwan sauce, this is a treat to remember forever! These tortellini are fabulous, made with a herb-laced plain flour dough and stuffed with cheese before cooking.
The story gets all the more interesting with the Oriental style topping, made with juicy veggies and peppy sauces. You can prepare the sauce beforehand, and re-heat it just before pouring over the tortellini. Enjoy the Herb Tortellini in Mixed Vegetables Schezwan Sauce piping hot!
- Combine the plain flour, oregano, thyme, parsley, dry red chilli flakes, olive oil and salt to in a deep bowl and knead to a firm dough using enough water.
- Cover with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion of the dough into 250 mm. ( 10”) diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Cut into circles using a 50 mm. (2”) cookie cutter or a vaati to get 5 roundels.
- Keep doing till all the dough is over, to get 20 roundels in all.
- Place one roundel on a clean, dry surface and put ½ tsp of cheese in the center.
- Fold over to make a semi-circle and press the edges lightly with your fingers to seal it.
- Bring both the corners of the semi-circle one over the other and again pinch it with your fingers to seal it together.
- Repeat steps 7 to 9 to make the remaining 19 herb tortellini.
- Boil enough water in a deep non-stick pan, with salt and oil.
- Add the prepared tortellini, few at a time and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Combine 1 cup of water and cornflour in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add the green chillies and spring onion whites and greens, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add all the vegetables and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the schezwan sauce, tomato ketchup and soy sauce, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the prepared cornflour-water mixture and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Just before serving, re-heat the mixed vegetables schezwan sauce till hot.
- Place the herb tortellini on a serving plate, pour the mixed vegetables schezwan sauce evenly over it.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||721.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||17.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||15.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.