Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24420 times
This snack is perfect for a rainy day and also on cold days. The rasam itself is like a soup which is a definite cure for colds and since it has a tangy flavor, it is suitable for rainy days
- Combine the urad dal with ginger, greeen chillies and hing and blend in a mixer till fluffy and smooth.
- Add the salt, onions, curry leaves and coriander leaves and mix well.
- Divide the batter into equal portions and make wadas out of each portion.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry each wada till golden brown and crisp from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and add the cumin seeds, hing, green chillies, garlic, ginger and curry leaves and fry until raw smell of garlic is gone.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until tomatoes are soft
- Add 4 cups of hot water, lemon juice and salt and bring it to a boil.
- Add the cumin seeds powder and pepper powder and boil for just 1-2 mins.
- Add the chopped coriander and mix well.
- Soak the prepared vadas in this hot rasam and leave it aside until the vadas absorb the rasam and are soft.
- Place the vada in a serving bowl and top with some more hot rasam.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by neelavenkatesh on 08 Jun 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.