Ram Ladoo, Delhi Street Food Chaat
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15020 times
Does the word ladoo immediately remind you of an ever-popular mithai? Well, surprisingly this is a savoury ladoo, served as a chaat.
It is a classic, famous street food from Delhi, and can instantly spike up the tempo of any party that it is served in. The Ram Ladoo is a savoury titbit made with a batter of dals and spices. These amazing ‘ladoos’ are topped with grated radish, chaat masala and green and sweet chutneys, as is typical of any chaat.
The unique taste and texture of the Ram Ladoos, together with the crunch of radish and the peppy taste of the chutneys is simply awesome!
You can also try other interesting snacks like the Yam-Fritters and Khichdi Pakodas .
- Combine the yellow moong dal and chana dal in a deep bowl and soak it in enough water for 4 hours. Drain well.
- Put the dals in a mixer along with 1 tbsp water and blend it into smooth paste.
- Transfer the mixture in a deep bowl add all the remaining ingredients, mix well with your hands.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, drop few spoonful of the mixture and deep-fry till it is golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper. Keep aside.
- Place 6 ram ladoos on a serving plate, top it up with 1½ of green chutney and 1 tsp of sweet chutney evenly over it.
- Put 1 tbsp of radish, ½ tsp lemon juice, sprinkle ¼ tsp chaat masala and 1 tsp of coriander evenly over it.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 to make 4 more plates.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per plate
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.