Rajgira Paratha Canape, Gluten Free Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13041 times
Canapés are amongst the most favourite appetizers all over the world. They usually comprise three parts – the base, the topping and the garnish. In this absolutely novel recipe, mini parathas made of rajgira atta have been used as the base, topped with tongue-tickling aloo subzi. The Rajgira Paratha Canapé is not only tasty and healthy but also gluten-free. Although it is so exciting and unique, this recipe is not very difficult to prepare, so you can confidently go ahead and try it at your next party. You can even make it as a healthy evening snack for kids! Instead of baking the paratha canapés, you can also cook them on a non-stick tava on a slow flame, till they turn crisp. Have a go at other gluten free recipes like Ragi Roti and Palak Paneer Roti .
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well and knead into soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions and roll out each portion thinly between two plastic sheets into a circle of 75 mm (3") diameter.
- Place all the paratha canapés on a greased baking tray and prick them with a fork.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai, add the cumin seeds and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the green chillies, potatoes and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coriander and mix well.
- Divide the sabzi into 10 equal portions and keep aside.
- Just before serving, place the canapés on a clean dry surface and top each canapé with a portion of aloo sabzi.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per canapé
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.