Rajgira Buckwheat Brown Rice Flour Khakhra
by Tarla Dalal
This recipe has been viewed 2166 times
Khakhra is one of the handiest snacks to have whenever you feel the need for a quick bite! It is also filling, so you can even take it along in your tiffin box.
Guess what, the khakhra also provides a wonderful opportunity to sneak in a lot of healthy ingredients. Check out this fabulous Rajgira Buckwheat Brown Rice Flour Khakhra, which is loaded with nutritious flours.
This crisp and gluten-free snack has an apt mix of three awesome flours. Rajgira flour is rich in fibre and iron, and has a fairly high protein level too.
Buckwheat flour has antioxidants power, and helps lower cholesterol.
Brown rice flour adds to the fibre, calcium and zinc content of this snack. All in all, this is a must-try recipe, because you will love the taste too!
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 20 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 150 mm. (6") diameter thin circle using a little brown rice flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the khakhra on a slow flame till pink spots appear on both the sides.
- Continue cooking the khakhra on a slow flame using ¼ tsp ghee while pressing with a khakhra press or a folded muslin cloth, till it turns crisp and golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Cool and serve or store in an air-tight container. Use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per khakra
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.