Potato and Parsley Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 32 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 64657 times
A traditional Irish soup that warms your heart and fills your tummy! sautéing the garlic and onions in olive oil imparts a characteristic flavour to the soup while the chopped parsley brings out a nice aroma. Puréeing the potato makes the soup thick and sumptuous making it a wonderful meal. Just toast some garlic bread and serve them warm with this soup. Magnificent!
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan; add the onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till the onions are translucent.
- Add the potatoes and 2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook on a slow flame for 10 minutes or till the potatoes are tender, while stirring occasionally in between.
- Add the parsley and cook on a slow flame for another 2 minutes. Keep aside to cool.
- Blend the mixture in a mixer to a smooth purée.
- Combine the purée with 1 ½ cups of water in a deep non-stick pan, add the salt and pepper, mix well and bring to a boil.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||130.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||15.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||21.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.