by Tarla Dalal
Added to 35 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 80352 times
Here is a vibrantly colored soup that is tasteful and soothing. The addition of cream gives the beetroot soup a rich mouth feel, while a dash of freshly ground pepper imparts a mild spiciness to an otherwise sweetish soup. The maida-butter-milk combo gives the soup a luscious consistency, which you will love.
- Combine the beetroot with enough water and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Peel the beetroot and chop them roughly into big cubes.
- Combine the beetroot cubes with ¾ cup of water and blend in a mixer to a smooth mixture. Strain and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan and add the plain flour and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk and the beetroot mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the salt, pepper and fresh cream and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||359.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||5 mg|
|Folic Acid||4.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.