Potato Salli, Homemade Potato Salli
by Tarla Dalal
This recipe has been viewed 3661 times
Potato Salli is a sev like snack made of potatoes. A special process of removing starch with alum, half-cooking the potato fingers, sun-drying and then deep-frying them gives the Potato Salli an impeccably crisp texture, which nobody can resist.
You can just munch on these plain salted Potato Salli or use it to make delectable snacks and chaat party .
You can try these recipes using Potato Salli like the Moong Sprouts and Potato Salli Chaat and Hare Mutter ki Chaat .
- Tie the alum at one corner of the muslin cloth and keep aside.
- Heat 5 cups of water in a deep non-stick pan and bring it to boil. Put the potato fingers in the hot water and immerse the muslin cloth tied with alum in the water for 1 minute.
- Remove the muslin cloth, add salt to it and mix well. Allow the potato finger to cook on a medium flame for 8 minutes or till the potato fingers are 80% cooked, while stirring occasionally.
- Strain the potato fingers using a strainer and drain out all the excess water.
- Spread the potato fingers on a large steel plate, cover it well with a dry muslin cloth and keep it in the sun to dry for 8 to 9 hours.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, put half the dried potato fingers in it and deep-fry on a medium flame till they turn crisp and light brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Repeat step 6 to deep-fry the remaining potato fingers in 1 more batch.
- Cool completely and serve or store in an air-tight container and use as required.
Nutrient values per cup
|Vitamin A||161.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||18.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||18.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.