Potage Darblay, French Potato Onion Soup
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 22 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10884 times
A sumptuous soup of onion-tinged potatoes, loaded with butter, milk and cream, the Potage Darblay is a classic French recipe that everybody will fall in love with as soon as they have the first spoonful.
Although this soup is rich, it has a very comforting and pleasant flavour. You can serve it with bread roll and butter, as a start to the day or the start of a meal.
This traditional potato onion soup tends to thicken after some time, so if you are serving it later, add a little water and adjust the seasoning.
You can also try other wonderful soups like the Lemon Grass and Coconut Soup and Cheese Hot Pot .
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the potatoes and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add the milk and 3 cups of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 12 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly and blend in a mixer along with 1 cup of water till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into the same deep non-stick pan, add the fresh cream, salt, pepper powder and 1 cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot topped with carrot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||279 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||11.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||11.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.