Plum and Banana Sorbet
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 36 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14965 times
Combining chopped plums and bananas into a sorbet is a really brilliant idea, because the ingredients help each other to shine! While banana gives a creamy touch to the sorbet, the plums give it a wonderful tang.
Together the two result in a Plum and Banana Sorbet that has an ideal texture and taste. As in the case of all sorbets, make sure you serve it as soon as it is assembled into the glasses, to enjoy the icy crispness.
Love sorbet? Here's a wide range of fruity and refreshing sorbet recipes, I am sure you will love to try them all - Strawberry Banana Apple Sorbet , Sugarcane Sorbet , Guava Sorbet , Green Grapes Sorbet , Mango Ginger Sorbet , Orange Sorbet and Watermelon Sorbet .
- Combine the plum, banana and sugar in a mixer and blend till smooth, without using any water.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow aluminium container and cover it with an aluminium foil.
- Freeze it for approx. 5 to 6 hours or until it is firm.
- Remove it from the freezer and keep aside for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Scrape it with a fork and serve immediately in 6 individual glasses.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.