by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 112 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36357 times
This exotic sorbet is a superb summer cooler. Light and refreshing, the guavas impart an unusual sweetness to this soothing sorbet. It's important to cook the sugar syrup to the right consistency as that determines the texture of this sorbet.
- Combine the guavas, sugar and 1 cup of water in a pan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes till the guavas soften and the sugar syrup is of one string consistency.
- Cool slightly and blend in a liquidiser.
- Strain through a sieve and add the lemon juice and red food colour so that the mixture is pink in colour. Mix well and cool completely.
- Pour into a shallow container. Cover and freeze till it is firm.
- Serve small scoops in long stemmed ice-cream glasses.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.