by Tarla Dalal
Added to 131 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15696 times
Pizzettas are little individual pizzas from Sicily. They are nothing more than tiny pizza bread squares. Here they are given a whole new appeal by topping with freshly made sun-dried tomato pesto, fresh green basil leaves and caramelised onions.
Of course, no pizza ever seems complete without mozzarella cheese. You can use ready-made mini pizza bases for this recipe, but we all know nothing tastes as good as home-made bread.
This is one of my favourite snacks. It tastes great with lots of mozzarella and crusty Italian bread.
You can also try other recipes like Pizza Twists or Pizza Puff .
- Place one pizza base on a greased baking tray. Prick with a fork at regular intervals.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes or until the base is evenly browned.
- Repeat for the remaining dough to make one more pizza base.
- Cut each pizza base into 10 pieces approximately 50 mm. X 50 mm. (2" x 2").
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, add the onions and salt and sauté till the onions are golden brown. Remove and keep aside.
- Spread a little sun-dried tomato pesto on each of the pizza base squares.
- Top each pizza square with the onions, basil and grated cheese.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 3 to 4 minutes or till the cheese has melted. Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.