Pizza Puff, Pizza Stuffing in A Bread
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 24 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14785 times
The joy of biting into a pizza comes to you in a handy snacky form! Here, we present the Pizza Puff, an innovative recipe of deep-fried bread stuffed with a scrumptious mixture of veggies and cheese, perked up with ketchup and herbs. The use of ingredients like capsicum, black olives and chilli flakes gives the snack a typically pizza-like texture and taste. Drain the oil on absorbent paper and serve the Pizza Puffs fresh, as the cheese might get chewy if allowed to cool for too long.
- Cut the edges of all the bread slices.
- Flatten them using a rolling pin till they are thin. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum, cabbage and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the dried oregano, dry red chilli flakes, black olives and tomato ketchup, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, add the cheese and mix well. Keep aside.
- Place a thin bread slice on a clean, dry surface, put approx. 1 tbsp of the filling in the centre and put very little water on all the edges and cover it with another half and seal it.
- Repeat step 7 to make 7 more pizza puffs.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, deep-fry a few pizza puffs at a time till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately.
Pizza Puff Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per puff
|Vitamin A||91.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||12.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||1.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.